Introduce an option to scan SKU on the B2C packing page in the mobile application. This is an enhancement in the packing process to expedite the handling of orders with a single unit of a single SKU.
These specific orders can be efficiently assigned to a picker who will place them in a single pick bin for streamlined packing.
The objective is to reduce the number of clicks required to complete the packing process, ensuring that users can complete packing and generate shipping labels with only three steps.
This enhancement aims to significantly improve the efficiency and speed of the packing process for these specific orders.
- Mandatory Bin Selection: In the admin panel, include a configuration checkbox to enforce mandatory bin selection during packing.
- SKU Scanning: Allow users to scan or manually enter SKUs to filter and update the order list based on the SKU.
- Automatic Weight and Packaging Material Assignment: Depending on the configuration settings, automatically assign weight and packaging material for orders. Generate and print shipping labels.
- Persistent Bin Selection: After packing an order, remain on the Pack -> B2C page with the previous bin selection retained, enabling seamless scanning of the next order.
- Display SKU Information: Display SKU name and number against single SKU single unit orders on the packing screen in both mobile and web versions. Add additional columns for Single SKU Name and Single SKU Number in the web version.
These enhancements aim to streamline the packing process, ensure accurate order association with bins, simplify SKU search, and improve SKU visibility in the picking and packing operations.
This requirement involves making a specific setting ("Order Bin Scanning Mandatory (Picking and Packing)") available in both Warehouse and customer panel's settings. This setting controls the behavior of the bin scanning on the mobile picking screen. These settings are:
- User can define the pick bin scanning as Mandatory or Non-Mandatory for both mobile and Web.
- Disabling the Pick Bin Scanning option will remove the Pick Bin Scanning option from the picking and Packing screen.
- Once the pick bin is scanned, the cursor should move to the scan SKU field directly.
This customisation enhances the user experience by providing more control to user to manage the settings and control cursor movement during the picking process, ultimately improving efficiency.
B2B and B2C Order Processing Report:
An "Order Processing Report" is a document or record that provides detailed information about the processing of orders within a business or organization. This report typically includes data related to various stages of the order fulfillment process, allowing for tracking, analysis, and management of orders. Key elements typically found in an order processing report may include:
1. Company Name: The name of the company associated with the order.
2. Warehouse Name: The name of the warehouse where the order was processed or fulfilled.
3. Order Number: A unique identifier for the specific order.
4. SKU: The Stock Keeping Unit, a unique identifier for a particular product.
5. Product Name: The name of the product included in the order.
6. Batch No: The batch number or lot number associated with the product.
7. Expiry (DD/MM/YYYY): The date of expiry for the product in the format Day/Month/Year (e.g., 31/12/2023).
8. UOM (Unit of Measure): The measurement unit used for quantity (e.g., pieces, kilograms).
9. Qty (Quantity): The quantity of the product ordered.
10. Location and Quantity: Information about the location where the product is picked and quantity of the product picked from the location.
11. Order Date: The date when the order was placed.
12. Shipping Address Line: Details of the shipping address for the order.
13. Billing Address Line: Details of the billing address for the order.
14. Picking Time: The time when the picking process for the order started.
15. Picked By: The name or identifier of the person who picked the order.
16. Packing Time: The time when the packing process for the order started.
17. Packed By: The name or identifier of the person who packed the order.
18. Dispatch Time: The time when the order was dispatched for shipping.
19. Dispatched By: The name or identifier of the person who dispatched the order.
Order Processing Reports are valuable tools for businesses as they provide a comprehensive view of the order management process. They help organizations track order progress, identify bottlenecks, manage inventory effectively, ensure timely deliveries, and enhance customer service by addressing any issues or concerns promptly.
These reports also serve as a basis for performance analysis and decision-making to improve overall order processing efficiency.